U-Report Fiji is;
- A FREE two-way communication between community and government that is open to everyone.
- U-Reporters receive weekly polls on important topics that are sent directly to their phones or through Facebook, Twitter and Smartphone Apps. It can also be used to alert community members to critical information.
- U-Report is an anonymous, voluntary opt-in free service that you can leave at any time
- U-report is transparent with individual responses that are confidential with the results collated in real-time and mapped on the U-Report Fiji site for discussion on social media and local media channels.
U-Report Fiji uses free SMS, Facebook and the U-Report App (Android and iOS) to send the volunteer U-Reporters polls, alerts and useful information with real-time responses collected anonymously and shared both with government focal points and the public.
UNICEF Pacific is working closely with The Government of The Republic of Fiji to pilot the SMS-based polling platform “U-Report” to form the foundations of a Community Feedback System for the TC Winston recovery, for future emergency preparedness and response and to encourage regular community feedback on development issues, particularly the engagement and participation of Fijian Youth on issues impacting them. Under the leadership of a National Steering Committee important issues will be polled including questions on health, nutrition, education, water, sanitation and hygiene, shelter and other aspects of the Winston emergency response. Data received can be disaggregated by age, gender, division and province in real time. Registration is voluntary with SMS free to the users across all networks.
U-Report relies on volunteer community members serving as U-Reporters on a free entry, free exit basis to provide information on issues in their communities. U-Report allows citizens to speak-out on what is happening in their communities, provides a forum to amplify their voices through local and national media, sends alerts to key stakeholders about the issues their constituents are facing, and feeds back useful information to the U-Reporters, so they are empowered to work for change and improvements in their localities themselves.
If you have any questions please post them on our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/UReportFiji/
- Speak out on what's happening in your community
- Use U-Report results and information to update and increase citizen's awareness
- Participate in nationwide campaigns to help improve your country
- Share what's happening around Fiji with other U-Reporters